There are endless porridge variations to be made, but this is one of the best I have done so far. This is perfect for a late breakfast on the weekend, best served with a big bug of tea!
- 30 – 50g oats (depends on how hungry you are – I used 50g as it was a pre-gym meal)
- 1 cup plant-based milk (I used oat)
- 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 banana, not too ripe
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 table spoon coconut oil
- Any other toppings you like (I added my homemade nut and seed granola)
- Add the oats, raspberries and milk to a pot an place on a medium heat. Leave to slowly heat up, stirring occasionally. It takes 5 minutes too cook and absorb the liquid. Add more liquid if you want, depends on your preference of texture.
- Heat the coconut oil and maple syrup on a medium heat in a frying pan. Once melted, slice the banana in half lengthwise and place in the pan. Turn the banana over after about 3 minutes and leave it to caramelise on the other side. You might want to turn the heat down a bit, it depend on your hob.
- Mix half of the banana into the porridge and mix well. Pop the porridge in to a bow, place the remaining banana in top (so that it looks good on an Instagram picture :P), then add any other toppings you want.
More porridge recipes coming very soon…!