This Happy Gut recipe is going to stay with me for life! It really is the nicest gluten free bread I have ever tasted. I hold my hands up ad admit that I am not a great baker, but this recipe is so simple that there is no way it could go wrong.
Because it is oat based and packed with nutritious seeds, it is really nice and filling – perfect with a soup or salad for lunch, or as a snack with some nut butter and jam… Mmmm.
Gluten Free – Vegetarian – Vegan – Low FODMAP
Serves: 10-12 slices
- 300g oats (use gluten-free oats if needed)
- 400g unsweetened soy yoghurt (or any plant based yoghurt)
- 4 tbsp of mixed seeds (sunflower and pumpkin work well)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed/linseed
- 1 tbsp sweetener such as maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking/bicarbonate soda
- Half tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees celcius / Gas 4
- Mix the flaxseed with 3 tbsp of water in a cup, leave aside for 5 minutes to form into an egg-like consistency
- Put the Yoguhurt, flaxseed mix and sweetener in to a large bow and stir
- Add all of the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix really well
- Line or grease a 1lb or 2lb loaf tin and place the mixture inside
- Bake for 50 minutes. Allow to cool fully before removing from the tin and cutting in to slices.