This recipe is so quick and easy to make that you will never need to jam from the shop again. It is versatile too – goes really well on top of hot porridge, with yogurt and granola, or on bread / crackers – and it is a great way to get more fruit into your diet.
You can use any berries or soft fruits you like, mix it up with some combinations if you want something different. Here I have used a mixture of blueberries and raspberries.
This is a Happy Pear recipe from their Happy Gut course which I am taking part in.
Gluten free – vegetarian – vegan
Cook time: 10 mins
- 200g fresh or frozen soft fruit
- 150ml orange of apple juice
- 100ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Put all of the ingredients into a pot and put the heat to high and bring to the boil. Turn is down slightly and keep mixing the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Mash the fruit up if you want a smoother texture.
- Once the jam has turned a monotone colour it is finished.
- Put the pan to the side and leave to cool/set
Tip: add some extra chia seeds if the consistency is not thick enough when cooled down
Pop the jam in to air tight containers and put in the fridge. It should keep well for weeks (if you don’t eat it all!)