Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP Friendly
Approx. time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans (broken into halves)
- 1/2 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp dried coconut chips/flakes
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- Half tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celcius
- Mix all of the ingredients dry together in a large bowl except for the dried cranberries and dried coconut
- Gently melt the coconut oil in the microwave our or in a pan and add to the mixing bowl
- Add the maple syrup
- Mix together well with your hands or large spoon, making sure the syrup and oil coats the dry ingredients evenly
- Cover two baking trays with baking/parchment paper and spread the mixture across them evenly
- Place the trays in the oven for 20 minutes in total. After 10 minutes, take the trays out and toss the ingredients and switch the trays around (if one was above then put it on the bottom now) to make sure all ingredients slightly brown and go crisp.
- After the 20 minutes turn the over off, toss the ingredients again and place the trays back into the oven. Close the over door and leave the granola for at least 2 hours to really dry out, overnight is perfect.
- Once out of the oven and completely cooled, add the dried cranberries and dried coconut.
- Place the granola in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
TIP: Shake the container before taking a portion to make sure you get a bit of everything in your dish 🙂